Standard Electric was established on May 1, 1952 with one location in Waltham, Massachusetts focusing primarily on the Route 128 industrial customer base. The company's growth over the next 10 years necessitated numerous location changes and, in 1972, Standard Electric acquired a piece of land overlooking Route 128-its current Waltham location. This major investment occurred during a severe recession and, to increase market share, Standard Electric began to diversify into the retail lighting market and the contractor construction arena.
Over the years, Standard Electric has diversified into other areas and experienced significant growth in markets such as:
- Construction and Contractor Market
- Commercial Market (property managers, hospitals, schools, financial institutions, banking, insurance and government)
- Industrial Market (automation, engineering, controls, sensors)
- Telecommunications Market (Data, Voice, Video)
- National Accounts Market (multi-site retail, entertainment and restaurant chains)Retail Lighting